Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum
- Posts: 212
- Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: shoreham-by-sea
Thanks for the info fella, if i do come across one of these beauties is it OK to send it to you for gutting?
Cheers,great to see people looking out for others
Maybe someone should of sent a picture of a stingray to steve irwin!!!!
(hope this doesn`t offend,if so let me know and I`ll delete,cheers Darren)
- Posts: 456
- Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: Plymouth
Another sign that our waters are getting warmer then....Do you know if you can touch it anywhere? or is it a cut your line type!!!
Awwwwwwwwwwww its soooooooooooooooooo cute as well i just wanna give it a hug
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: Stubbington Fareham Hants
How should one be handled if caught :-S if at all
Would it just be best to cut the snood in this case and let it on it way
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: South Wiltshire
you would'nt want to do a Rex Hunt and kiss it.
can it fly and/or bite?
looks a bit like a butterfly..if you close one eye and squint a bit!
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: Barrow in Furness, cumbria
dangerous but a good looking fish
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: South Wales
thanks for that, if i ever catch one im not touching it ill let someone else lol!
- Posts: 187
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: somerset
so how do you go about unhooking 1 then is the a place on the ray that is safe to hold??
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:00 am
That picture is of a Motoro stingray - Potamotrygon motoro they live in Amazonion fresh waters. I used to keep 2 in a large aquarium. The pictures on the links are of the Marbled Ray.
- Advanced User
- Posts: 649
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: Bournemouth
thanks for that....if i ever catch a fish ill make sure its not that one! lol greg
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: bournemouth,dorset
lol ill watch out for it if i ever catch one ill keep it in case of power-cuts (joke)