MEMBERS MEET

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

MEMBERS MEET

Post by rabbi2 »

The thought just crossed my mind that I haven't met one of you guys yet and I wondered just how difficult it would be to organise a bi-monthly meet for members with a view to buying, selling, trying out rods, reels ect and exchanging ideas. I know that this is what the forum is all about but it may just take off who knows. Of course it would be for various areas around the coast and locations. Let me know your views on this (would it work or wouldn't it)

trooper
Regular
Regular

Post by trooper »

It could work as another site i go on do a similar thing. i might find it hard though myself because of work commitments. Maybe organize weekend meets every 3 months for fishing outing's at different areas. e.g south one time then west another and so on. See how many people want to go then book a hotel or b&b for that particular weekend. It's worth a try and see how it goes.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

If it really took of I myself am prepared to travel about 200 miles although I realise most folk can't do this, I am prepared to offer free transport to a couple of lads in my area.

crazy-dude
Regular
Regular

Post by crazy-dude »

Sounds interesting, as long as I had enough notice I would be up for a meet sometime. would we be looking at a members comp or a knees up down the local?
<:-P

trooper
Regular
Regular

Post by trooper »

It would be good to have a friendly comp or fishing session, then go on for a knees up at a local pub.

thebigbassman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by thebigbassman »

sounds ok to me

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Ok lads lets stop talking and do summat about it. I wonder if our good friend mrix could organise summat and take a list of names for various locations that would consider attending such a meet. How about it mrix could you help organise summat? PLEASE.

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 »

I might draw your attention to the Orford Beach Clean event which gets guys from all over coming to Orford in Suffolk to clean up the beach for a few hours and then we fish all night. It should be quarterly but we have an issue with breeding seasons at the time we should be going in the spring so it may become a four month event. Anyone is welcome so keep an eye out and have a look back through the East coast forum for the reports.

Having said that, events on other coasts would be welcome should anyone have the time to put something together.

Dunc

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Good lad Dunc the more the merrier

trooper
Regular
Regular

Post by trooper »

let me know about dates and if i can work it around my work commitments i'll be there.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Just had a look at MEMBERS MEET and out of 144 folk viewing it only 4 have bothered to reply. What a pathetic response. Even it they weren't interested at least they could say so.

A dissapointed rabbi!

ANDYT63

Post by ANDYT63 »

rabbi2 wrote:Just had a look at MEMBERS MEET and out of 144 folk viewing it only 4 have bothered to reply. What a pathetic response. Even it they weren't interested at least they could say so.

A dissapointed rabbi!
You have to realise that most of those people that have viewed are non-members.
At this time there are only 16 members online and 186 guests !!!!
Also the post has only been up for a few hours what do you expect !!

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Sorry Andy. Got me head up me bum this morning

ANDYT63

Post by ANDYT63 »

No problem Rabbi2, sorry it dosnt take much for me to bite lately. Must be me with me head up me bum :D
Anyway like Dunc says, keep an eye out for the Orford clean/fish thing.
A fantastic event and I will be looking for ways to raise a few quid for the RNLI while we are at it :D :D
If you post possible venues and possible dates I am sure you will get more response.

thebigbassman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by thebigbassman »

rabbi2 wrote:Sorry Andy. Got me head up me bum this morning
at least your heads warm