How to avoid weed?

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

jackdaniels

How to avoid weed?

Post by jackdaniels » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:08 pm

Hello guys, I need some advice from the more experienced fishermen please?

Last week I weant fishing at Yarmouth north beach, although I caught a few fish I had to pack and go early because the weed was so bad it became un-fishable

Today I weant fishing in little Hampton and the weed there was terrible and was un-fishable again!

I live in Hertfordshire and it takes me approx 2 hours (give or take) to get to both the east coast or the south coast from my house.

I'm happy putting in the effort travelling but without local knowledge I never know if it's fishable or not and I seem to be having some bad luck lately.

My nephew has been coming with me, he's only young and new to sea fishing and very keen, I feel under pressure to try and take him good places and help him catch before he looses interest.

Is there anything I can do to check if the weed is inshore or the beaches are fishable before deciding where to head to?

I'm doing all I can to fish in the weed as far as I'm aware.

Casting far, keeping my rods high, even bought sinking braid hoping that might help.

I'm all out of ideas!

Replys or inboxes very appreciated

Iknowagoodplaice
Regular
Regular

Post by Iknowagoodplaice » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:18 pm

At this time of year weed is always a hazard. Perhaps best to cultivate a local tackle shop and give them a ring. Wind and tide affect the amount of weed in the water, so try and find out the best conditions locally. Sometimes you just have to stop fishing.

jackdaniels

Post by jackdaniels » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:32 pm

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:59 am

I can only think that you could get in touch with someone reliable who lives in the locality you are thinking of and ask them. I am usually prepared to do this for Hayling (obviously) because I live here and it doesn't take long for me to have a quick look at the conditions and advise.

Yakdiver
Regular
Regular

Post by Yakdiver » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:36 am

Or better still we need a "weed report" from everybody that goes out, I'm going out tonight so weed report tomorrow and hopefully some fish.

jackdaniels

Post by jackdaniels » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:37 am

Yeah sounds good, if anyone is happy to help me that would be great, iv got a 3 hour max drive limit from Hertfordshire(Hertfordshire (north London) so that covers most of the south coast and east coast.

I'm happy to help anyone else out however I can with any info I find out. Stay away from littlehampton and surrounding coast as weed is ridiculous.

Also if anyone wants to meet up and do some fishing that would be good to.