disabled members

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

disabled members

Post by nthendpompey » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:27 pm

is the disabled members site still active,last post was in 2012.just wondering.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Posibly folk don't like to admit to being disabled and try to compete with able bodied folk. The forum is handy for those who wish to fish easily acsessable marks and ask for other members advice. Possibly it would be a good idea for those of us with local knowledge to put on marks that are wheelchair friendly or not too far to walk
Cheers
keith :D :D

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:33 pm

I am partially disabled, spinal damage about 3 or 4 years ago has left me with no feeling below the knees and in 6 fingers. I thought my boat fishing days were over but the chap who owns the boat I go fishing in has been amazing. He knows that I can't pull my weight when it comes to launching and recovering the boat, but he has never complained at the extra work he himself has to put in. He is a true mate and I am very lucky to have him for a friend.

Yes, it is sometimes difficult, especially keeping my balance in lumpy sea conditions and I always come back with a new bruise or two, but it is really great to be able to carry on with the hobby that I enjoy so much.

I just wish our British weather would play a bit fairer so that we could get out more often!

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Thanks for the post and hopefully it will encourage more anglers to help those less fortunate than themselvs.
Well done !!
Cheers
keith :D :D

royboy
NE Coast Moderator
NE Coast Moderator

Post by royboy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:36 pm

im disabled as well i have plates in my back i have just been told to stop walking as my ankles are so bad im walking bone on bone im wearing my bones away i need two knee relpacements but they will not do them as i still will not be walking as my ankles will stop me but i will never stop fishing its my only hobbie and the only thing im good at

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Sun May 03, 2015 12:21 am

has not answered the question.is the disabled site still running on here.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Sun May 03, 2015 5:36 pm

The disabled section, like all the rest are running. Its just lacks posts like other sections. ;)