new members advice

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

new members advice

Post by nthendpompey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:14 pm

can not understand why a site like this can not give advice to fellow anglers.scrolled threw the area sites and so many question asked and no response.like to think we on the south coast forum answers .to the best of our knowledge .so why cant anyone else.
if its because the decline of the site and you are on it,then promote it .
iam sure there is ways and means of making this site back to its old self.mrix may help,but its down to us members and new members
to encourage new mebers.
mick

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:06 am

We used to have competitions all over the country that were arranged by myself and the late Manic Muppet. We did the south coast on Deal Pier, the Northeast Coast which was a disaster with folk starting before time and fishing the seaward side of spurn when the rules stated that it was to be held on the channel side but it was still a good day out. the Northwest coast with the venue held at Fleetwood and of course the Welsh coast of which we had quite a few one of them being a kiddies comp only and these were held on Holyhead breakwater. This came to an end when Manic and Dcm fell out and due to the fact that with both of them being friends of mine and myself NOT taking sides Manic fell out with me. I am trying to arrange something along the same lines again but it will be more local in the future. As well as shore comps there will be boat comps.
Cheers
keith. :D :D
Last edited by rabbi2 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Well I for one am always ready to help and advise Mick but I guess you know that. Not that I am one of the great experts like Yates, Thrussel or Ladle but I have taken pains to learn as much as possible about rods, reels, tackle, tides,and the various fish in the last 15 years or so. I also glance at the site almost every day but if anyone asks about venues oop north, I can't really help.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Even though im not fishing at the moment i still offer advice when i can. As for new members, lets hope some new members arrive when it warms up a bit.

Iknowagoodplaice
Regular
Regular

Post by Iknowagoodplaice » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Whatever did happen to dcm? I figured he most have fallen ill, or shed this mortal coil of line.

I think most sea fishing sites are dwindling - along with the fish I'm afraid. Sad 21st century times.

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:35 pm

think the dreaded facebook hasn't helped,easy to set at site on there.but its all the crappy stuff that goes with it.as stu,flattie,says hopefully the summer months will see a few more members join and old return.when they do ,lets try and keep them interested .