kids setup

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

kids setup

Post by nthendpompey » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:43 pm

hi all.iam looking for a bit of advice.my mates 10yr old lad has taken a interest in fishing since I took him to chesil beach and he caught fish.
hes not of great build.he struggled abit with my salty 10ft6" rod,but think its was mainly down to his first time out.he didn't cast the rod ,as the swell was dodgy.safety first.but reeled the fish in un aided..
what sort of setup would be good for over clean ground.was thinking of a carp rod or uptider around the 10ft mark.
mick.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:32 pm

Mackerel rod with 4oz weight or any carp rod that can cast 4 oz Go Outdoors do a 4 multi tip rod each tip rated from 1, 2, 4, 7oz
Cheers
keith :D :D

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:36 pm

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:01 pm

cheers guys for response.eccles ,think iam on the right lines with the uptider option,can always use it if I decide to venture out on the boats.
mick.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Dont use a carp rod. Especially for casting out 4oz sea weights, for flattie bashing and small weights they are idea but they are meant for lake fishing and not in the sea. My point is if your casting no more than 50 yards then you can use with caution but dont expect it to last if you get a snag or loads of weed on the line. Also dont pair said rod with any carp reels the salt will destroy then in no time.

P.S If you must use a coarse rod for sea fishing then consider a spod rod instead of a standard carp rod. Will be a bit more forgiving ;)

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:36 pm

in the end ive opted for a fladens 10ft peir rod with a casting weight upto 5.ozs,not ever going to be used.the said rod is light with a reasonable tip,not too bendy.going to match up with a suitable reel,cost .just under 40quid.its his 11 birthday nxt month,so present sorted.little cheap tool box type tackle box with some bits and bobs in and we have a new member to the south coast forum.
just out of interest,aimed at the mods.can 2 members have the same email address or is it 1 member 1 address.cheers.
mick.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:52 am

I can't foresee a problem with the same email adress but Mrix will clarify that. I suggest you try it and see if it's accepted
Cheers
keith :D :D

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

Post by mrix » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:46 pm

can 2 members have the same email address or is it 1 member 1 address.cheers.
Hello all, the system will see one email already registered so it will not be possible to use an email someone has already registered with, this is pretty much standard with websites where you need to register.
Cheers all
mrix

royboy
NE Coast Moderator
NE Coast Moderator

Post by royboy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:27 pm

i have only just seen this as i was having problems i have two small rods and five reels you could have had them for nothing

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:59 pm

mrix wrote:
can 2 members have the same email address or is it 1 member 1 address.cheers.
Hello all, the system will see one email already registered so it will not be possible to use an email someone has already registered with, this is pretty much standard with websites where you need to register.
Cheers all
mrix
cheers for that I thought as much.