Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:07 pm

It saddens me that so many members don't bother to post even the mods deem to have fled the scene. I myself have not posted due to health reasons and have not been out for some time. Thanks to the few hardcore members who do persevere,
Cheers
keith :D :D

Yakdiver
Regular
Regular

Post by Yakdiver » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:26 pm

I haven't been out either so not posted for ages and now we have high winds again oh roll on the good weather

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:23 am

Due to other commitments and the time of year, I have not been out for weeks mate but still here. Guess I won't bother now until the plaice return to the Solent which will hopefully be in about 6 weeks or so. Let's hope it's a better year than last which was rubbish as far as I was concerned.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:26 pm

I will post when necessary, when its something i can help with or to mod a thread. Hopefully i will be back sea fishing soon so can post reports when i can. Apart from that i keep a watchful eye on the threads
;)

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:06 pm

I only go boat fishing these days and the weather this last year has been absolutely dreadful. I am a member of Dymchurch Sea Angling Club and I think that we have only been able to fish 5 or 6 competitions this last year. Our cod open competition was blown off, as was the reserve date and the reserve reserve date! I posted a report from our last fishing trip and will post more as we do them, but the weather is proving very difficult. The trouble is, it is not stopping the big 300ft commercial vessels that are catching anything that moves and then steaming off to the Continent to off load their catches!

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:20 am

yep keith I agree.this time of year is always slow .but the posts haven't got to be catch reports ,tackle advice etc ,venues for the forth coming season can all be discussed on here..would be good to se a bit more response from the other mods,may also encourage newer members to post if they think the mods are more involved on the site.hope your health improves mate,and look forward to a few posts from stu,flattiefanatic,on his fishing front.
mick.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:56 am

Well with weather conditions that we are now experiencing I certainly won't be wetting my line but there are those who do brave the elements so if you are one of those guys let us know even if you blank. Cheers keith :D :D

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:23 am

Royboy rung me up last night he cant post at the moment due to computer problems. A shame as he has had some cracking sessions of late, but im sure he will be back soon ;)

stillsy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stillsy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:21 pm

I wonder if sites like this are struggling to compete with the amount of activity by sea anglers on Face book - there are number of general and regional groups where people are posting reports and sharing ideas, including the main sea angling magazines

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:31 pm

think you could be right there mate.
facebook sites etc are more common now compared with the older sites.but it dosent mean these sites will fall to the way side.within this site there is a lot of advice and more than anything ,knowledge.
and no disrespect to the older guys,myself included,these sites are easier to use and more comfatable .
can only speak for myself ,but think southcoast forum is picking up on members.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:18 pm

Southcoast is doing exceptionally well shame about the rest
Cheers
keith :D :D

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:42 pm

we have always been exceptional always will be.,shame other forums cant or wont take our stance to keep this forum going.
like said so much easier to do facebook etc but the knowledge is with the older guys ,so sites like this should keep going,just got to find a way to get new members to join and gain the experience our older guys can other.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Can't be bothered with Farcebook far too much dodgy stuff going on. Daughter picked up a trojan recently by going to a site some farcebook member had suggested.

conga
Regular
Regular

Hello everybody

Post by conga » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:03 pm

I'm with you mate,wife uses Facebook but I stay away from those sites.
Apologies for not posting for a while,hope all OK.
One thing is for sure,there certainly is a lot of knowledge and experience to be had on this site,long may it continue, Mick :) :) :)

royboy
NE Coast Moderator
NE Coast Moderator

Post by royboy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:19 pm

i have had health problems but still fished and problems with the internet service but its sorted now ive had to buy a new computer