reel parts

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

nash

reel parts

Post by nash »

Hi all new member here. can anyone help me with some info on reel parts , i have an old mitchell 602 that needs a spool. it did have the hard plastic type but it has split. does anyone know where i can get one from in england ? and also i have a steadfast leeda silver surf multiplier that needs some parts as it has gone notchy when reeling in, and it wont cast as far as it ued to , does anyone know where i can get parts from for this reel .. many thanks , den

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Unfortunately you don't say where you are. My local tackle shop repairs reels so I will check with him sometime this week and get back to you.
Cheers
keith :D :D
Last edited by rabbi2 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

Welcome m8y :D

whitbydiver
Regular
Regular

Post by whitbydiver »

welcome to the forum m8 im sure someone will have the answer for you but have u tried that famous auction site that rhymes flea lol (cant get wrong now for advertising other sites).
whitby.

markemark
Occasional
Occasional

Post by markemark »

Flea Bay is the way to go for parts, even if you buy an old one that still works you will get it for cheap enough, probably cheeper than a spool from a dealer?

Mark

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Glad to see someone using the old and trusted gear rather than going out buying new just to gain a few more yards or buying cheaply knowing too well that it is likely to fail within 12 months.

I myself have quite a bit of the old gear that I won't part with such as a brand new Mitchell 624 still in it's box! also 4 Intrepid Seastreaks nickname (The Screamers) as well as several Penn boat reels. I can see why you want to repair them as although quite old, were trusted to last and gave good service and were capable of taking abuse.

I will know tomorrow if I can get you a spool for your reel.
Cheers
keith :D :D

nash

reel parts

Post by nash »

hi all , thanks for all your replies and the welcome.. firstly i am in grimsby, but we have our cross to carry lol. I love useing my old reels, i know them well. i have also got a seastreak that i use now and again and a shakespeare sigma multiplier. being a single dad with 3 girls its not easy to find 50-100 quid for new reels . i may add that i have taught 2 of my girls to fish and are often with me when i go fishing , :((