Just had a great idea.

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Just had a great idea.

Post by manic_muppet » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:24 am

Hi, Ive just had an idea for a release mechanism, normally we clip hooks down, but sometimes this isnt possible with some rigs. Ive just thought of a way to clip the hook up the line, its simple, easy to make, no complicated mechanisms so should be cheap enough, streamlined, and effective. But!!!, how can i get the idea to someone who could make a prototype etc, or even buy the idea without my getting ripped off. Does anyone know the best way to go about this, :D

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:20 am

There have been many ways in the past to clip rigs up. To get something original that will capture the market will be a hard thing indeed ;)

Iknowagoodplaice
Regular
Regular

Post by Iknowagoodplaice » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:13 pm

First thing would be to apply for a patent I would think, which can work out quite expensive. Have a look at www.ipo.gov.uk, and www.is4profit.com for enterprise advice.

Probably the "easiest" route if it's a really novel invention is to patent it first, then sell it to a tackle manufacturer. Even if it isn't that novel (look at things like relay clips) there could still be a market. Needs luck and perseverance I imagine.

Otherwise you can share it with us and we can mutter things like, I've always used milk bottle tops for my clips and I'm not changing now ... :)