All Those Wishing to attend Holyhead Charity Comp for RNLI

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

It will be great to see you and the lad again Gordon mate, I will be trying to do a bit of spinning as using a conventional rod.
Cheers
keith :D :D

strathy
Regular
Regular

Post by strathy »

Oooh, get you, I,m going to start calling you the GRINCH, Keith.

Anyways I,m still coming down to holyhead this weekend even though the weather forecast is horrendouse.

I,ve pm,d Manic as I can cope with a couple of extra people in the caravan.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

a grinch the old sod might be :D :D but i can see where he is coming from .it takes a lot of organiseing to get these matches /meets sorted ,and then not to get but a handfull of members interested in taking part apart from the same half dozen at the most it just gets you down .
cheers steve

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Hopefully it will be a decent meet. I'm looking forward to meeting some of my old mates, especially with it being just a meet as it give us a chance of a chinwag with the banter thrown in.

Shame it couldn't have been a comp but with only half a dozen attending it wouldn't have been worth it for the monies raised and it wouldn't have been fair to all those who donate prizes such as Gizz, Strathy and the like who donate on a regular basis as the cost of the prizes would have been far greater than the monies raised.

Sorry if I came over as a sad sack in my last post but such a poor response does tend to get you down somewhat.
cheers

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Will be having a word with strathy later today by phone, and all being well i will be able to make it. :D Cant let the side down at this stage of the game. I wont be able to do much, and will only have a spinning rod,but thats all i need. Im feeling a bit rough after radiotherapy yesterday, but if it doesnt get worse im ok for this. See ya all there me old muckers. :D

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Looking forward to meeting up again Mick, will Conner be with you? I will be taking 3 plus myself. Watch out for the weavers as they are prolific just at the moment.

It really peed me off having to call the comp off but there we go, these things do happen. See you on Sunday mate
Cheers

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, i cant bring conner as its school friday n monday, which is 2 of the days mikes there. So its just me n me wheelchair. ;) hope your up to pushing me the lengh of the breakwater me old son, Oh and belated Birthday greetings ya old git. :D

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Ive had a word with mike, and im meeting him in the morning at his place, so will see you down there. :D

buster175
Regular
Regular

Post by buster175 »

Have a good weekend i cant make it i'm doing a couple of car boots this weekend as i'm skint since losing my job.

Cheers dave

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Setting off at 12.00 to meet strathy, and leaving his about 13.00 so will see everyone on sunday, have fun. :D

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

We will be there early Sunday morning.
Cheers

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

Love to have joined you but distance too great. Have a good day
cheers keit DCM

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Weather forcast is for heavy rain with 24 mph winds X( X(
Cheers

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Arrived at the Breakwater at 9.2oam with Little Rabbi and Paul, set up right away using lug and mackerel. Baits were being stripped from the hooks, You guessed it crabs!
Manic and Strathy turned up but they had very little luch athough Mick caught a fish, not sure what,

The wind was driving the breakers from the seaward side of the Breakwater right over the top. The wind as forecast was high like 30mph.

Got to give Strathy his due, he continued to fish even after all the rest of us packed up.

Arrived back at home about 4.30pm
Cheers