Dungeness Fish mess - Dungeness power station

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

fishface

Dungeness Fish mess - Dungeness power station

Post by fishface »

hello everyone i have just done some work in dungeness power station and was enquiring about fishing from there and i was told why bother just go into that shed there is a cage full of fish we suck into the pipe about 6 ton a week :evil: i couldnt beleive it how about a perimiter net surely they can afford it .imagine the fishing if they did an extra 300 ton a year sorry to rant but it p.....s me right off :x :x :x :evil:

Speciman

Post by Speciman »

Heard about something similar going on near a Powerstation on the river Humber.. very depressing.

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix »

Hi Fishface,
i couldnt beleive it how about a perimiter net surely they can afford it
Yea I totally agree! :evil: seems to me this needs looking into by someone maybe the papers may be an option?
Cheers
mrix

bearskin
Occasional
Occasional

Post by bearskin »

fishface i agree with you bestmate the only thing is what is this word you use WORK you only sit on your butt mate, its us real HIAB drivers who do the work, but you should take it further.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

This is utterly appalling, the 'papers' will not do anything, in my opinion they are only really interested in publishing 'manure' about peoples lives hence I dont buy papers anymore. Best thing to do is tell the fisheries minister, will volunteer and do it immediately. :x

fishface

Post by fishface »

cheers eccles dont want to lose my boss the work please let me know what happens and thanks again
fishface :D

Romney-DJ

Dungenesse

Post by Romney-DJ »

Fishface,
as a regular angler (complete novice) of Dungenesse it seems hard to believe they wouldn't have a net or grid of some discription :( , but the word of an angler is worth far more in my book. I'll try to take it up with the local MP, but then when do politicians care about anything other than lining their own pockets?

ps How close to the shore are trawlers allowed to come?

Speciman

Post by Speciman »

Do many people have access to the room where the waste is kept? If so perhaps you could sneak a digital camera in there and take some pics. At least there will be evidence.

Tim
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Tim »

Living within 5 miles of Dungeness I fish there most weeks and it is depressing to hear of this to say the least. Makes me wonder how much more successful I'd be if it didn't happen...

Maybe I should trade in my Abu's & Greys for a power station....

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Well mates, as promised, I wrote an email to what I believed to by the correct department in DEFRA and .... no reply, no ackowledgement, no nothing! I intend to have another go in some other area, don't know where yet but I dont give up easily and I am quite used to dealing with officialdom and 'tweaking their noses' What is even more appalling if you think about it is that we actually pay these people out of our taxes for fiddle-arsing around all day. Some of 'em need a spell in private industry in my view to learn to move their backsides! :x

medlar
Advanced User
Advanced User

it happens

Post by medlar »

it does happen believe me

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

I have now written to an MP who I believe is directly concerned with sea fish matters - Ben Bradshaw of Exeter and I have also advised him that I had no reply from the ministry. If I get an answer mates I will post straight away.
Bloody 'ot init?, ought to be out lookin for mackerel. 8)

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Gentlemen, Very sadly I have to report that I have had no responses from either the MP who I wrote to or the relevant Ministry who I also wrote to. I have to conclude that the present government (said MP is a member of it) have no real interest in the subject of British Sea fish even though they seem to make the right noises when the subject comes up in the press. I do know that the NFSA has tried hard to get some action on various matters affecting our sport and I hope that many of you will support their actions,etc. Nevertheless Gents (and Ladies) we all have to get real about this:- WE ALL NEED TO SIGN THE NFSA PETITIONS;SEND EMAILS/LETTERS TO OUR MP's AND KEEP ON DOING IT! or our sport will have vanished completely within the next 50 years. You don't think so?, well read some of the stories about what folk used to catch back in the sixties and seventies; will those days ever come back? :cry: