Disgusted

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Disgusted

Post by rabbi2 »

Did anyone watch Ramseys programm on the telly about the plight of the Sharks around the world? To say I was disgusted is an understatement. X( X( X(

To cut the fins off a shark whilst still alive and toss it back into the sea iis truley barbaric. X( X( X(

I know that Ramsey can fluff and duff with the best of us but I have to say that whilst watching the prgramm I found my language just as bad as his.

The Chinees are hunting the shark not just in their own waters but worldwide and something surely can be done and must be done if they are not to suffer the same fate as a lot of our wildlife have done in the past.

The only way to stop them would be to sink ther ships as soon as they are caught and drop them off at the nearest port so as to find their own way home.
keith

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

It was a terrible thing to see. Those ports that are not evening checking what they have when he found those 2 sacks of fins. As every fish has to be accounted for :-O

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

keith it,s totaly discusting ,but im afraid when it comes to the chinees they just dont care they will always do just what ever they want ,tigers ,rinos ,whales the list goes on .they still bind the babys feet if there a girl
in the back of beyond parts of there country .
yes something has got to be done about all these matters but with the morrals that they have how where and what cos they just dont take any notice of world laws that are in place now .
steve

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff »

Hi Keith,

Yes, sadly, I watched it and, for once, didn't feel annoyed by Ramsey's language - it was appropriate for the scenes he/we saw. It often annoys me to see angler (?) caught fish left to expire for a long and probably painful death - how difficult is it to grant them a quick death with a priest? But the way those sharks were butchered whilst alive was absolutely barbaric - it made me very angry.

I am not at all religious but I am liking the Hindu philosophy that your next life is dependent on your previous life, it makes you wonder what these shark's fin fishermen will be in the next life? Dung beetles (life is just a heap of cr*p)?!!

Very very sad!

Geoff :(( :(( :((

Jebend

Post by Jebend »

I know i was appauled when i watched that, if you ever get bored watch 'The Cove' Its like a feature lengh documentary about dolphins being slaughtered, i was amazed when i watched it, and appauled at the same time, but it is well worth a watch, its won dozens of awards.

Jebend

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Hopefully these sort of programs will bring it to the attention of the general public ........ some good has to come of it !

Cheers,

Dave

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

you have go no chance mateys
you wont stop people eating anything, sharks, tigers
THE ONLY THING THEY DONT EAT THAT HAS LEGS, IS THE TABLES AND CHAIRS THAT THEY USE

DirtySanchez

Post by DirtySanchez »

The sheer amount of all the sharks and finns that we saw last night was unbeleivable and the way they got them was too , but whats more unbeleivable is what we did'nt see . This is left to ones imagination the massive worldwide landing of these sharks or should i say finns . What we saw , was a drop in the ocean . Once again i think this program is a start and can only do some good , cant it .? cheers . :-S

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

A similar prog was shown a few months ago, the reaction was the same.
Heres the problem,

Fishermen will always do this, ( Because they make money from it )
Restaurants will always sell it, ) Because they make money from it )
Governments will allow it, ( Because they make money from it )
Govenrments only take action if they stand to lose votes, In these countrys, fat chance)
The only people able to stop this carnage is the consumer, now all you have to do is find a few million who give a damn how their meal was caught and slaughtered.
The trouble is, if theres a market for it, someone will supply it.
The people who are really to blame in most cases is the consumer, they will happily have an elephant slaughtered for the ivory, so they can show off their fancy chess set. and lets not forget, western man is responsible for most animals becoming extinct, or close to extinction, all in the name of sport. I could go on, but i wont, there will always be those for, and against. Im all for stopping it, but the one thing thats hard to stop is GREED.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

youve hit the nail bang on the head mick GREED
steve

DirtySanchez

Post by DirtySanchez »

Who are we to tell them how to fish ? Who are we to tell them what weapons o m d they can have . we've done it and been there , we were the leaders . why should these countries listen to us , because we're learning and learnt the hard way and they dont have to , they can learn from us . education , education , thats all they need . easyier said than done i know . Dont know where that all come from so i'll shut up now . :-O

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

No amount of teaching will improve an idiots capacity for learning, so how do you teach idiots who refuse to listen.

One thing I will say is that a few shops have refuse to sell shark fin soup or have it on their menu

At least it's a start.
Cheers
keith :D :D