Fair weather angler

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

gynewguy
Occasional
Occasional

Fair weather angler

Post by gynewguy »

Call me a wimp but I can't face these freezing temperatures. Come the spring the rods will come out of the garage.
I've done the winter fishing thing before and just can't bring myself to put myself through it again.
Still, hope you all have a good cod season!

Si

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Si mate your post heading should have read "Sensible Angler". I to at the age of 68 chose my days carefully and if it's persisting down. I work on other things like making weights. traces, re-ringing rods etc etc.
Cheers
keith :D :D

baitdigger
Regular
Regular

Post by baitdigger »

reel_wizard wrote:What's a cod season, don't remember them .... fishing is meant to be fun, if the cold isn't fun to you then very smart. My personal thing is rain, I hate it and never set off if its raining - if I get caught in it once I'm there fine but otherwise no way unless its a balmy summer night when a bit of rain is sometimes nice.
Don,t bother visiting Ireland for a fishing trip it has rained since I arrived here, six years ago. ;) ;)

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Rain i can deal with as i make sure i wear a flotation suit and always have my shelter set up. Its the wind with rain i cant stand and avoid those days at all cost. A quick tip for those cold nights, get a quality street tin and make holes in the side. Put some charcoal in it and light it then cover with the lid. It will keep you warm for a good few hours and can be re-used again and again. Brilliant hand warmer ;)

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

FF................GREAT SUGGESTION re hand warmer.............................JOLI

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Honestly m8 try it out its so warm on those cold nights. Just dont forget a few holes around the side and a couple in the lid and your good to go ;)

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

flattiefanatic wrote:Honestly m8 try it out its so warm on those cold nights. Just dont forget a few holes around the side and a couple in the lid and your good to go ;)
i still have one in my shed,but you cant beat a tilly for warmth,set up at the back of your bivvy,hmmm toasty,tin foil wrapped sausage rolls on top heating through.

nothing worse than setting up in the wind and rain,its so depressing

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

I would imagine one of those 'Patio' heaters would do a good job, okay a bit on the large size but so long as you don't have to drag/hump it for miles IT would be the answer............................LOVELY AND TOASTY !!!!!!!!!!!.

JOLI 8->

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

now come on joli by the time youve built the patio to put it on it would be time to go home ;) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)
steve

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Sounds like a good idea..............be nice wouldn't it , with a Bar and Barbaque next to it ...................'pass me another beer & afew spare ribs please, oh and change the bait as you are already up'...............................................that would be the life !!!!!!!!!!!!...................................oooooonly dreaming !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

JOLI :D

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

when youve got yours all set up joli let me know and ill pop along just to see how its done :D :D :D
steve

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

I will be up for that fishing session :D

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

To be honest if it every happens you both would be more than welcome!!!!! :D

OOOOOOOhhhhhhh will you please change the bait as you are already up.............................Cheers lads, JOLI ;) ;) ;) ;)

pter

Post by pter »