Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Too many unnecessary forums?

Post by fishhunter »

Is it just me or what?
I think its about time this site slimmed down a little bit and got rid of some of the forums. For instance,

sea fishing rods
sea fishing reels
sea fishing lines
and the terminal tackle forums could all be merged into one forum with a heading something like

Tackle and Equipment

Just a thought as some peoples posts get shifted from a forum where they were getting help and advice and then not even being able to find their own topic as it has been moved to the "General" forum.
I mean what is general and why is it even here?
I hope mrix is reading this as i would like to hear if he thinks it may be a good idea.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Two thoughts spring to mind , first is if all thee forums came under one heading the perhaps you would have to wade through a lot of posts to find whats relevant to you. As for the General forum its dead handy if unsure where to put your post. The other thing is that a post in the wrong forum, if not specific can be moved to General.

I always pm the poster as to the fact that his or her post has been moved and to where it has been moved to.
Cheers
keith :D :D

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

Hi Keith,
if thats the case then why not get rid of most of the (mostly) unused forums and then everything to do with anything and everything can go in the general forum.
I know that you will always pm the poster but its obvious that some other mods dont.
Also having just had a look through the vast array of different topics in the general forum i think it would be a heck of a lot easier to find tackle and equipment related posts in a forum for that subject alone rather than trawl through all the (sometimes) obscure posts that are in there.