Mainly for those who know me.

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Mainly for those who know me.

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi guys, i just want to let you know, i saw the consultant this afternoon. To cut a long story short, my cancer is incurable, without chemo, or if it doesnt work, i have about 7 months left, if treatment works really well, i might have 12 months. I intend to make the most of it and go fishing, go on days out, and holidays if i can. I will know next tuesday when treatment is going to start, but hopefully i will be able to go on the boat trip on the 16th if theres a place left. Well thats about it, except to say if anyones going fishing and want company give me a shout. Cheers..Mick

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi mick not sure if these are the right words but( mean well )hang in there mick docs have been wrong before ,thanks for letting us know your a brave man all the best
steve

Mowjo

Post by Mowjo »

Hi Mick, I don't know you and I've never met you, but in the few weeks I've been on this forum your advice and help has been great, so thanks for making me welcome, It's hard to know what to say to someone in your situation, it's one of those thing you have to deal with in your own way and in your own time, but I'm sure you have the support of everyone on here including me,,

Regards Frank,,,

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

What can I say Mick except that it has hit me hard. All the years Iv'e know you not one bad word has passed between us except for the wee wee taking. Knowing you, you will still be taking the wee wee out of me for some time to come, so lets not write you off just yet although I am looking forward to a slow ride and a cup of tea :D :D >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

Cheers
keith :D :D

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

Your a brave man mick and i wish you all the best , take these months /years to forfill what ever dreams you have ;)

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

it aint over till its over mate
enjoy the days you have left
and if you get time and fancy a day or night at walton pier.............gimme a shout
best wishes at this tough time

aston

smallfry
Occasional
Occasional

Post by smallfry »

Hi Mick sorry to hear the news never had the pleasure of fishing with you but read your reports with great interest your enthusiaum shines through. My wife had cancer they gave her a 19% chance 10 years ago and she's still going strong so the doctors can get it wrong fingers crossed for you mate. In the mean time chin up and keep posting the reports as they informative and interesting.

strathy
Regular
Regular

Post by strathy »

So sorry to hear this Mick , you don,t deserve the problems you,ve had.
As soon as I get a day free I,ll let you know and take you to a decent venue to get some cod.

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi guys, thanks for the comments, and the PMs from squiddy, joli, and mrix. I know its difficult to know what to say, at the end of the day there really isnt much anyone can say. While its the worst news anyone can get, it doesnt mean ive changed, as rabbi2 will find out next time we meet. >:) >:) strange as it may seem, i'm perfectly ok with it, and quite at peace with myself, for the first time in 18 years i actually dont have a care in the world. So dont worry about what to say, just carry on as normal, i do, you should hear some of the jokes ive cracked when talking to the lung nurse, she thinks i'm crackers :D :D :D I have everything sorted now, i made all the arrangements weeks ago, so i'm free to just enjoy myself now, first on my wish list is a big cod 5lb plus. i'm also hoping to get off on a fishing holiday with rabbi2, tonight i'm going out for the first time in years, i cant remember the last time i had pie n peas on bonfire night. So, hopefully i will see you all at some point, and have a good fishing session. Oh, and it may look like i'm not online much now, but i login about 2doz times a day to read the posts, so watch your Ps n Qs >:) >:) Cheers everyone, and feel free to ask how i'm doing, i have good days as well. ..Mick

dickyp
Occasional
Occasional

What can I say

Post by dickyp »

Mick

unlike a lot of membes I have had the pleasure of fishing with you over the last 2 years and everytime we have met it has been nothing but a laugh.

Whilst I know it has been very hard for you since your wife died you have always tried to look on the bright side of life and from your posts it looks as if you will continue in this fashion.

Your knowledge and the amount of help you has given to hundreds if not thousands of members is I am sure appreciated by all.

I look forward to meeting up with you again before Xmas as I have some days to come

All the best

dickyp

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi Richard, no problem just give me a shout, royboy PMd me to see if i could get down there next weekend, if your free and fancy it let me know. Mr Cod is on my hitlist and i'm determined to get him this winter, plus theres the added attraction of a bacon buttie. :D :D :D See you as soon as your able. cheers..Mick