Power Gum

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

Gizz
Occasional
Occasional

Power Gum

Post by Gizz »

Hi all, I watched a dvd last week on making rigs and it was suggested useing power gum underneath the bottom snood on a 2 hook flapper clipped down rig instead of a crimp so as if you need to tie another hook on incase of a break you can still clip it down by moving the power gum, but how good is the stuff.
Any information greatfully appreciated.

Gizz

actionsanta
Occasional
Occasional

Post by actionsanta »

I use it all the time. Has not failed me yet. Try to stay clear of the green stuff that is aimed at the course angler..Had some problems with that brand, ie kept slipping.

The red one is faultless!

Steve

Gizz
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Gizz »

Hi Steve, any thoughts on the clear one, I was looking at the 1 about 22lb.

Regards

Gordon

actionsanta
Occasional
Occasional

Post by actionsanta »

Never used clear powergum. I have only used 22lb snood line (Amniesa) to make a stop knot!

Gizz
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Gizz »

Thanks for the info Steve but im looking at using Fox 22lb clear power gum instead of using crimps not for snoods or stop knots.

Regards

Gizz

Esskie

Post by Esskie »

Just my tuppenceworth & hope you have sorted it out now but I've been using the red Drennan PowerGum....14lb is the B.S of the small spool I have at the moment.

I use it mainly for bait stops to stop any beads and/or sequins travelling too far back up the hook snood......I've never used it to replace a crimp for a snood swivel but can't see why it wouldn't hold well enough if tied properly?

Cheers, Andy

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

bit of amnesia does the job with either a grinner knot or a 4 turn overhand knot.

Gizz
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Gizz »

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies, I bought the fox clear 22lb and will give it a go and let you know how I get on with it but your replies have been taken on board and I will try them.

Many Thanks

Gordon