Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Why are so many returning?

Post by Judgegeoff »

Hi,
I have not been a member for long, having returned to sea fishing after a couple of decades away from it. But I have found the Forums to be an invaluable source of information and have learnt a lot from them. However, one of the things that I have noticed is the large number of members who, like myself, are returning to sea angling after a break. Is this normal or is it a recent thing? I'm not even sure what drove me to return - perhaps it was the sight of my equipment lying unused in the corner of my garage, perhaps it was a subconscious desire to escape from my wife - perhaps the latent 'hunter/gatherer' instict deep inside me kicked in - but I really am not sure!!! But I did wonder if there is some other reason why so many of us are returning (but I for one am glad I did, even if my catches have, so far, been disappointing!!!).
Cheers, Geoff
:D :D :D

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Hi Geoff, The reason I returned to sea fishing was since taking early retirement I had too much time on my hands and thought it was about time to show the kids how to catch the "BIG UN" Instead of that the little sods outfish me every time :(( :((
Cheers
keith :D :D

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

I was like rabbi2 but that was over 10 years ago. Took me a couple of years of blanking and mucking about with cheap tackle to get into the swing. Now I use better tackle and still blank =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Actually it hasn't been a very good year so far compared with the last three and I keep wondering why. The only theory I have heard so far that makes sense is global cooling - last winter was so cold at one point that bits of sea froze over and we then had loads of dead crabs and other stuff washed up on the beach. It probably takes nature a while to recover from such a shock and there may not have been the usual amount of fishy food about.

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re

Post by mrix »

perhaps the latent 'hunter/gatherer' instict deep inside me kicked in - but I really am not sure!!! But I did wonder if there is some other reason why so many of us are returning
Strange you should mention that as I run another forum related to the topic of metal detecting, I have found recently many people coming back to it having had an interest years ago.

Cheers
mrix

timmus

Re: re

Post by timmus »

mrix wrote:
perhaps the latent 'hunter/gatherer' instict deep inside me kicked in - but I really am not sure!!! But I did wonder if there is some other reason why so many of us are returning
Strange you should mention that as I run another forum related to the topic of metal detecting, I have found recently many people coming back to it having had an interest years ago.

Cheers
mrix
Even stranger you should mention metal detecting, I was a detectorist back in the 90's and dug my detector out of the loft only a few days ago, am thinking of taking it up again :)

Whats the name of your detecting forum mrix if you dont mind me asking :D

Tim

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff »

This is spooky - we are all regressing!!! Have the Government put something in the water?
Young Geoff

mrix

re:

Post by mrix »

Whats the name of your detecting forum mrix if you dont mind me asking
Hello again sure its..... www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk

Cheers
mrix

timmus

Post by timmus »

Thanks mrix, have registered looks very good :)

mrix

Post by mrix »

No problem :)
Your account has now been activated ;)
Cheers
mrix

carpman1000

Post by carpman1000 »

lol im starting back up again after 8 years :D first trip out tomoz night. so its one more to the returning list :)

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Good luck mate, don't forget the pics if possible.
Cheers
keith :D :D

haribo

Post by haribo »

carpman where are you planning on fishing.

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

You remember how much fun it is NOT to catch fish........

Judgegeoff
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Judgegeoff »

Hi Robc22

On that basis I have LOTS of fun - because I sure don't catch many fish! Very skilled at drowning worms though LOL !!!!!!

Cheers, Geoff

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

im not a returner to sea fishing but i would say that since ive been a member of this site if ever i had to give up for what ever reason the good huma ,banter and freidnlynees of this sites members would be one of the first reasons id return to it
steve