aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

i have a big tub of axle grease in the shed
i might dip my squid in it at the deal comp

somehow i feel a blank coming :D :D :D :D

just adding a little more fuel to the already almost out of control inferno

has anyone tried cod liver oil to lubricate their reels =)) =)) =)) =))

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

joliroger wrote:Lubricating awhole squid with WD40 WHOAAAAAAAAA!!!!! KINKY OR WHAT LOL...LOL >:) >:) >:)

CHEERS ...........JOLI :D

we all have our ways joli me ole mucker >:) >:)

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

[quote="aston74"

has anyone tried cod liver oil to lubricate their reels =)) =)) =)) =))[/quote]

nope only my aching bones lol

gynewguy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by gynewguy »

You were'nt wrong asking but it sounds ethically wrong to use WD40. There are plently of other ways to introduce scent trails (Pilchard oil comes to mind).

Si

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Know that we all like a joke and a bit of banter but seriously W.d40 does work I just hope everyone takes the time to give it a go, I'm sure that the proof will be in the pudding ...............................YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, open your minds to inovations,. it is the 21st Century after aaaaaallll.

JOLI :D

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

So long as the thread stays in good banter I will leave it open. It wouldn't be fair of me to comment and then to lock it.
Cheers keith :D :D

griegwwr
Regular
Regular

hmmm

Post by griegwwr »

intresting if we all use try it maybe it would LUBRICATE the cod run this year :D. OIL be giving it a go it :(( might FREE UP some spare time :-O .

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

Keith of course the banter will be wholesome ;) .i just love how this subject crops up every now and again.

tensenervoushaddock
Regular
Regular

Post by tensenervoushaddock »

all forums have those who 'just know' things and others who innovate, try new things, new venues and share their experiences.
it is up to other forum users to decide which information is most useful to them... opinion or experience.

cod liver oil is not a dispersant, neither is pilchard oil

and while I'm at it, a spray of WD40 will not be much of an environmental disaster if introduced to the sea..... it might help in most harbours to disperse the diesel slicks.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Dear oh dear oh dear! Oh well 'spose I might as well join in: Oil floats on water, light oil floats even better. Spray a bit of WD 40 on a puddle and will immediately "disperse" and float on top of the puddle. Try it if you don't believe me. It follows that any WD40 you may put on yer bait will immediately float on the surface of the sea and thus cannot attract any fish even if they did want to try consuming it which I very much doubt.
So why don't oily fish float?, well actually they do. Most of them are surface feeders and if dead do actually float.

Mowjo

Post by Mowjo »

Well firstly sorry for starting this thread, seems like it's been done before and caused a bit of a stir, when I first saw the video I thought it was some sort of joke, then I thought it was a WD40 pro-mo, I'm all for anything that helps me catch fish but WD40 seems wrong to me, anyway If this thread is going to start an argument between poeople I'd sooner it was deleted,,
Regards Frank,,,

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

No problem Frank my mate I would rather it run so others know that the subject has been debated. It will probably be a topic again in about 6 months as some of the new members joining will bring it up again lol. Might try a seven seas cod liver oil capsul on my hook next time lol. :D :D >:) >:) >:)
Cheers
keith :D :D

tensenervoushaddock
Regular
Regular

Post by tensenervoushaddock »

when two people disagree it is called a debate, it's a system for getting to the truth of a matter, it becomes an argument when people forsake evidence and stick to opinion no matter what.
if you cast out an oily bait, a frozen sandeel for example, you will ( if you are observant ) spot a 'flat' area where the oil from the bait has risen and has 'calmed the water' by changing the surface tension on the sea surface. If you like to say that this oil in the water column does not attract fish then please do, but I think it does. I would be so bold as to say I know it does, that's why oily baits work.... and perhaps work better if a dispersant is added.

try it and see, all you have to lose is a few squirts of something most people have around.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Going off at a 'Tangent', still puts forward the oily scent / smell theory.................has anyone tries those predrilled Hallibut pellets that are used on Carp 'hair-rigs' in a sea senario ??????

JOLI

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

WD 40 the wonder stuff.....i just soak my bait in petrol :D :D :D :D