WD40

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

Mowjo

WD40

Post by Mowjo »

Being new to Sea fishing I've been looking on the net for info and came across this, I checked the date and it wasn't posted on April the 1st, I know WD40 is good but for catching fish????? be warned there's a bit of swearing in the comments,,

Regards Frank,,,

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

frank dont even go there!!!!! it upsets the moderators >:) >:) ,WD40 is good for one thing in sea fishing giving your reel a little spray once in awhile :))

Mowjo

Post by Mowjo »

Sorry Andi! I thought it was some sort of hoax, obviosly a touchy subject here, and there was me thinking I could get rid of that 2 gallons of engine oil I have in my shed, but please tell me these guys arn't for real!!!

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

apparently the main constituent part of wd40 is fish oil. it is believed that the scent given off by the oil can attract fish, an can therefore be used as an additional attractant........ how much of this is true, made up or hearsay?.i dont know... (and dont want to start a whole new argument)...

at the end of the day, nothing has ever been proven and if you are using decent bait then there shouldnt really be any need for artificial enhancements anyway.....

btw....this is intended to inform, not restart the debate/argument

graham

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

i am gonna hide under the sofa before the missiles start flying :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

Ah!!..... THE BLOODY WD 40 fish spray.......no, It does not work and you are polluting the seas using it.......I would like to see a caught monster fish posted online that was caught on wd40......so would the blokes that make wd 40..........

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

As Victor Meldrew would say "I don't Believe it" Once again rocket fuel has raised it's ugly head I wish the makers would shove it where the sun don't shine and put it to it's original use Rocket fuel!
cheers keith :D :D

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

not sure if anybody actually saw the you tube vid that frank posted but theres a part where the guy on the stern preps a whole mackeral flapper then pulls up a tub gurnard (although we dont know how long he waited for that fish)

the whole thing seemed like marketing advert to dupe anglers into buying the wicked spray,maybe sales have gone down lol

Andy

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!! You are confusing it with 'catch more fish ' spray attractant, which has in it.................................. WD40 !!!! also essence of vanilla, kernel nuts, halibot oil, ect................ooooooohhh also a touch of bullshit for good measure

JOLI

tensenervoushaddock
Regular
Regular

Post by tensenervoushaddock »

you can all shout your opinions.... but the proof is in trying it out.
If you have tried it and it didn't work then fair enough, say so.
WD40 acts as a dispersant, allows the oil in the bait to form an emulsion in water and so disperse; that could be the reason for it working..... there is no attractant in the WD40, it merely releases the natural attractant in the bait you are using.
My brother and I have tried it and can say with certainty that it increases catch rates of conger from Watchet Harbour wall.... not an opinion, an observation of events. Whether you want to increase catch rates of conger is another debate.

There is no fish oil in WD40.... neither has it been used to fuel rockets.

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

incidentally, everyone pulls thier hair out over this debate.... but why only over wd40, it mst have started as a rumour or marketing ploy as no one bangs on about gt85 and thats baisically the same stuff???isnt it???

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Look !!!!!!!!!!!!,...........................the bottom line is give it a go and see???,that is the only way to decide.

'one mans meat is anothers poison'.

JOLI ;)

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

joliroger wrote: 'one mans meat is anothers poison'.

JOLI ;)
you've eaten in stowell street then....lol

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

kieth quick lock ,delete or blow up this thread >:) >:) >:) . haddock i dont doubt you in the slightest fella,im off on a cod hunt tomorrow and as i always have a tin of said dispersant in tackle box i shall give it a go on my squid ;) . would be great to be proved wrong.

Andy

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Lubricating awhole squid with WD40 WHOAAAAAAAAA!!!!! KINKY OR WHAT LOL...LOL >:) >:) >:)

CHEERS ...........JOLI :D