Bait pumps in mud

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

Iknowagoodplaice
Regular
Regular

Bait pumps in mud

Post by Iknowagoodplaice »

Soft estuary mud is pretty hard to dig lug from - too much suction and worms deeper than in the gritty stuff. Just wondered whether anyone has tried bait pumping in this gooey stuff. I'm assuming that mud is too sticky for a pump, but perhaps it's possible.

Anyone tried it?

Also has anyone made their own bait pump. I was looking at components this morning, but to be honest, by the time you've bought them and messed about it is probably cheaper to buy one ready made.

Esskie

Re: Bait pumps in mud

Post by Esskie »

Iknowagoodplaice wrote:Soft estuary mud is pretty hard to dig lug from - too much suction and worms deeper than in the gritty stuff. Just wondered whether anyone has tried bait pumping in this gooey stuff. I'm assuming that mud is too sticky for a pump, but perhaps it's possible.

Anyone tried it?

Also has anyone made their own bait pump. I was looking at components this morning, but to be honest, by the time you've bought them and messed about it is probably cheaper to buy one ready made.
Hi there,
A bait pump copes with estuary mud no problem at all mate, the only thing being, unless you get it first pump, you have to be really quick if the stuff just slumps & fills the hole the pump makes

A 50mm pump will always be heavier to pull than a smaller bored pump too as you'll know.

I thought about an Alvey pump then I saw the TKR pumps for less than half the price of an Alvey, not only that but they'll customize the length for you F.O.C ;)