Replies

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

baitdigger
Regular
Regular

Replies

Post by baitdigger »

I dont go through all the forums, I just dont have the time. My question is are all the regions as bad for replies as the Irish section? One thread had over 400 views but only four people out of the number bothered to give any recognition to the poster. At that rate it is surprising that anyone takes the time to post catch reports or questions.

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

i've noticed that too

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix »

As mentioned many times before.....

All the topics from all the different forums come up on the front page as latest posts, many people as its a latest topic will look even if its not from their area and will not be able to help... I expect you look at many topics out of interest yourself but don`t reply as you don`t have the answers etc.
Also many topics in there own right will come up in Google and you will get people not members landing on the page through searches.

Cheers
mrix

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

as mrix says. not alot you can do about it as the site is a public domain,and only accessed by members,ie not a xclusive site,for that to happen probably a subcription and member password would be needed.

all the best

Andy

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

thats cool, i never thought about the 'google' aspect

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi bd i have put up a post about this in the past and thought the same as you and got the same sort of replys back and when i sat and thought about it who dose relly want 400 cant help repllys ,but im sure you mean the same as i did it would be nice to get a fair responce from and to your postings,as i have a lot of time on my hands i went though the members list and if we think its bad now roughly speeking it looks like in the first 2 to 3 years of this site i would say 3/4 of the members dident even make one post after signing up and i would think that there is about 500 to 600 regular posters on this site at prescent please dont take these numbers as gosple it,s just what i think make your own checks
steve
ps those that do post / reply all do in a good ,fair and helpfull way even in a conflicting manor so well done to all

mrix

re:

Post by mrix »

Just an example of what I mean by google, this is just one topic heading I copied from the Ireland forum...

Topic title is ....

Copy and paste this in to your Google search -> FAHAN OR BUNCRANA FOR RAY

Copy and paste that in Google and see what comes up top.

Cheers
mrix

baitdigger
Regular
Regular

Post by baitdigger »

Fair comment, that explains the numbers then.