Fishing in cyprus, what type of rod and tactics plz??

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

seaangler

Fishing in cyprus, what type of rod and tactics plz??

Post by seaangler »

Hi all as it states in the heading, im going to cyprus in a couple of months and i want to take a travel rod with me so that i can have a bash out there.
The trouble is i dont know what type of rod to take? ive been told a 4 piece spinning rod would be fine but then what class rod do i need to get? Also anyone know of any good places in cyprus around the larnaca area and what tactics and tackle i need to use?

Any info would be brill
Thanks in advance
Andrew

hatter
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by hatter »

hey sea i was in cyprus last year and watched a few locals fishing from the rocks. they were useing what i can only discribe as a pole around 18ft very similar to that of puddle chuckers use.but thats all the info i can give apart from when i was scuber diing i fed the fish bread and there was thousands of them. In ayia napa there was quite a few fishing trips for tuna and other deep sea fish.

conga
Regular
Regular

Post by conga »

Hi mate-I've just got back from there and a popular method is as stated a pole with float tackle and small hooks,bread paste bait ,works well around harbours etc,but a spinning rod would be useful as well as you could still use it to float fish-don't know the end of the island you spoke of as we stay at Paphos which is the other end but sure these methods would be ok at any marks you fish(they even use maggots as bait in saltwater !!) Cheers,Mick :D :D