no
No votes

Total votes: 19

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Recommended Tackle and bait shops

Post by rabbi2 »

The Mods could always make a sticky in each forum where members could enter their own personal bait shops for their own area thereby leaving out those who sell poor bait.

This is the only way forward that I can see. Rather than getting into an argument with slagging of various establishments..

I am willing to make the stickies in the forum that I have permissions on but it s up to you guys to vote on it,

This way we can avoid having to delete posts due to their content.
Cheers keith

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Double edged sword in prospect................might create a shortage at some bait shops.........hey don't get me wrong good sentiments but if you will excuse the pun 'opening a whole new can of worms'

JOLI :-O

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi joli it might be a double edge sword but wouldent it be nice to know that when you ring up to order or just call into a shop that there worm/any bait is going to be good and not find when you get there its no good or to small and youve wasted time and money
steve

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, you could use a star system when putting down the best tackle shops you know/use. The problem is, if a shop has sold sub standard bait, it may be because it was all they had etc etc. this might mean not getting a mention because the bait wasnt up to scratch a few times. So why not use a star system, for instance,

Customer service/Advice ****
Tackle/Price/Deals, ***
Bait, *****
This way, you may not buy your bait from a shop, but might use it for deals and advice etc. Just a thought. Cheers..Mick

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Good point well thouight out.
Cheers
keith :D :D

Dont forget to vote though

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

That system could be a goer, sort of a Michelin star rating covering all aspects of the dealer........a bit more comprehensive =D>

JOLI

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

that seems like a rearly good way of doing things manic
steve

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

I forgot to mention, (I did say im still recovering in my other post.) the rating system could be something like, 1 star poor 2 stars fair, 3 stars, Good, 4 stars, very good, 5 stars, Excellent. it would be a shame if a shop giving excellent advice and deals wasnt mentioned because of the bait. :D

stingraysteve
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stingraysteve »

sounds like a good idea, have been to some great shops before and also to some that you walk into and know from the start its going to be a strugle to even get a sentance out of the staff let alone good advise.

UglyStik360
Occasional
Occasional

bait shop

Post by UglyStik360 »

Hi Guys, there is a shop on Bridlington pier that is connected to a lock up, 34 I think, that sell bait, Leonard

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, The shop your referring to is the one set in the corner like a little hut, they do good bait, but the lock up where they store everything is number 24. Hatter has the name and number etc, so im hoping to get the details off him. Cheers..Mick

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Well it looks like the idea has found favour but the poll is for seven days so as to give all members a chance to vote,
Cheers
keith :D :D

UglyStik360
Occasional
Occasional

bait shop

Post by UglyStik360 »

Thanks, I was there 21 - 25 June so we might have been fishing the south pier the same time, Leonard

jacko69
Tackle Forums Mod
Tackle Forums Mod

Post by jacko69 »

the kiosk and lockup warehouse are know as turnstone baits, rob the owner digs and collects his own bait and debbie who works for him is very freindly and very knowedgeable as both of the fish themselves thir bait is first class and so is their local information

Dave :D

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

yep i'll buy into this idea.

remember the tackle shops that get a less than favorable mention would have to up their ante in order to do better,and im sure there are staff/owners of such places that have a look on here?

Andy1i