FoolaFish spray anybody used it?

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

diceman

FoolaFish spray anybody used it?

Post by diceman »

I don't put much stock in magic sprays, or lures (or beans for that matter) having been stupid enough to buy berkley Gulp once with no results. Still I try to keep an open mind and have come across a product called foolafish on ebay and had a look on the internet about it. Anybody tried it yet if so with what results? Does it really FoolaFish or is it a case of more fool you?

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi diceman i got gulp once no more to be sad fairly new to sea fishing but fresh water fishing for over 35 years and ive never found anythink that dose what it say on the tin just use good oldfashion bait thats my opinuion anyway

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

For what its worth, you would be as well to buy a macky and rub your lure in it to get the oil on your lure. I once put a whole bottle of oil in the water and didnt attract diddly squat. Cheers..Mick

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

sounds like more of fool an angler,or that dreaded (dare i mention it?) WaterDisplacment after 39.

there are some oils on the market which i think are ok,peeler/squid/sardine etc.which are fine for rehydrating your salted lugs.

but no i havn't used this "foolafish" fish spray,and i think maybe most would steer far away,by all means these things have to be tried and tested,you never know oneday a miracle could occur

bendy rods 2010

Andy1i

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

As Andy says some additives do enhance a bait. Perhaps its a concoction of several of the well known ones, (Sold at a higher price) of course.

Cheers
keith :D :D

conga
Regular
Regular

bait addetives

Post by conga »

having been a mainly coarse angler for many years and gone through the carp craze in the 70s/80s it comes down to what you are confident in using in the way you enhance your bait-dont just blindly follow the latest "fads",do a bit of experimenting till you get a result.I did a lot of trial and error before coming up with something I was happy to use,knowing also that it was that bit different to what others were using and that it woudnt last for ever anyway.At that point just a slight varying of the mix was usually enough to give a new lease of life.I dont know,but could the same principals work on sea baits? Be interested to hear what you think,tight lines for 2010-Mick

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

The thing i have against oils etc is the conditions under which they are used. usually when coarse fishing its still water, so i imagine the oil would stay on the lure or bait longer, and also stay in close proximity to the bait. But! in the sea the water is moving all the time, which makes me think the oil would be washed off within minutes if not seconds, and dispersed so much as to be ineffective as a means to attract fish to the vicinity of your bait. Lets face it, we change real bait every 20 mins or so because it becomes washed out, and lacking any scent. Just my 4pennorth. :D

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

as andy says pure oils etc i do use these but what i mean when i say i havent found one that works is the made up sinthetic man mad be all end all stuff that is the best thing since sliced bread so they say it is
steve

diceman

Post by diceman »

Yep thats pretty much what I thought. The only claim that this stuff makes that seems interesting is that it isn't a scent or flavour based spray infact it puts no extra scent in the water at all. It claims to be some sort of UV spray that increases the visibility of the bait/lure in the water and allows the fish to see it from futher away. Still sounds bogus to me but who knows? I'm sure if it's any good people will post about it soon enough. Until then I think I'll keep my cadh in my wallet

bugboy
Regular
Regular

Post by bugboy »

Andy what is this ''water displacement after 39'' you talk about?
Is it any good, will it improve catch rates, please tell me more.

(Has anyone done the 'WD' this year yet?? =)) =)) )

ed

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

bugboy i dare not speak its name!!!! you know as soon as i do manic or rabbi will lock it straight away,it'll be funny though =)) =))

Andy1i

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

We are watching !!!! :D :D >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Oh my god, keiiiiiiith, they are trying to resurrect that double u dee forty topic. raise shields and prepare for impact. :P :P :P

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

it wont be long before the dreaded stuff is mentioned

Andy1i

scoob8254
Regular
Regular

Post by scoob8254 »

i heard wd40 is a gd addative, can any1 explain why in great great detail please X( lol

tight lines
scoob