rainham kent

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

dontcatchmuch

rainham kent

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi all
been looking on google to try and find places to fish rainham in kent seems to have a lot of water not far rhe train station wifch is ideal for me as i dont drive and need easy access marks but i cant find any reports about how or where people have fished there so is it any good and where is best please cheers
steve

andymad
Regular
Regular

Post by andymad »

Its still a fair walk from the station.You only get a couple of hours either side of HW.Flounders,bass,eels and some nice mullet,its a shallow estuary that your fishing here,but i have had some cracking sessions but that was a long time ago.
I think you can fish by strood station its only a few minutes walk,perhaps someone more local to strood can tell you where to fish how much of the tide you can fish.Species will be more or less the same but i belive you get whiting and codling there.

andy

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

andymad wrote:Its still a fair walk from the station.You only get a couple of hours either side of HW.Flounders,bass,eels and some nice mullet,its a shallow estuary that your fishing here,but i have had some cracking sessions but that was a long time ago.
I think you can fish by strood station its only a few minutes walk,perhaps someone more local to strood can tell you where to fish how much of the tide you can fish.Species will be more or less the same but i belive you get whiting and codling there.

andy
cheers andy great info i had a feeling you might reply to this one
steve

PootyTang
Occasional
Occasional

Post by PootyTang »

2 other places worth a try are Gillingham Pier and Sun Pier in Chatham . Both offer the same fishing opportunities , not too far away from their respective train stations and offer comfortable fishing .

buggaluggs
Occasional
Occasional

Post by buggaluggs »

Going to give away a secret here, as I'm back up north and unlikly to fish Gillingham pier again. Lived in Gillingham for 12mths. All the locals only fish the pier around the high water and only catch small stuff mainly pouting and the odd whitting. As it only fits about 10 people fishing ,there is not much room. Go down at low water you will have the place to yourself (maybe not after this). You will catch good flounders up to 2lb and the school bass tend to come up the chanel to. Good luck

Realytangled
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Realytangled »

Give Stroodsue a pm she knows lots of the marks on the medway.

Peter

wilky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by wilky »

Hi steve ive lived in strood for 32 yrs so fished most of it,if your going to be traving by train then your best bet would be around strood pier the problem is it is trolley graveyard right up to rochester bridge! if you cross the road tho theres a high wall,walk up a bit and your see some steps and a small building the fishing in front of said building is good most of the time lots of codling and whiting odd sole bass etc to be honest with you tho i dont rate day tides this far up the medway and i try to only night fish if possible. if not try chatham or go to rochester by train its only a short walk to the riverside, hope this helps a bit
trev ;)

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

cheers fellas great info thanks to all
steve