Swearing in Posts

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Swearing in Posts

Post by rabbi2 »

All members know that swearing in posts is not allowed and yet more and more of it is creeping in.

I have in the past edited a post but because of the amount going on, such a post will be deleted and the member pmd.

Rules are in place to protect the site and the members from any abuse, be it verbal or otherwise.

As I said more and more swearing has been creeping in just lately but thanks to another mod I have been able to nip it in the bud on one of the forums that I control.

I have not checked the forums as often as I used to with moving home but that has been completed, and I will be giving each and every forum my undivided attention.

Rabbi2
Mod
Last edited by rabbi2 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, its true, it has increased. can i just mention that swearwords where some letters have been replaced by symbols etc are not allowed either. Cheers...Mick

squidhead
Regular
Regular

Post by squidhead »

Thank the lord that Chubby Brown's not a member..or we'd all be in bother. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

If chubby brown was on here it would be easier to ban the clean words, as there would be a lot less of them. :D

steveseagull
Occasional
Occasional

Post by steveseagull »

And Gordon Ramsey has just been on the phone. I cant really tell you what he thought of this thread but he did promise to clean up his act!
;) ;) ;)

Point taken though, and it will be well observed by me gents.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

I fully support Keith. It doesn't seem to occur to some people that there are both kids and those who find swearing/vulgarity offensive who are also entitled to visit the site without it being thrust in their faces.

newbee
Occasional
Occasional

Post by newbee »

im confused wot words can i not say??????? just so i know for next time :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, well the worst ones you cant say are, %**& also "$^%& not to mention, &**^*$$ ooops! sorry i said not to mention that one. ;) and the worst of all is $*&$ I hope that clears it up for everyone. :D

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

i take it such words as : darn,blast and drat etc are acceptable? and their respective plurals are allowed? also other such language from the 1940's?

:D :D :D

Andy1i

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Such words and phrases as, By jove, Tally ho, A right two n eight, Cor blimey, Well i'll go t foot of our stairs, Blinkin eck, Stone me, Flippin ummer, and the like are perfectly acceptable if accompanied by a responsible Emoticon. :P