LOBSTERING/ LOBSTER TRAPS

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

LOBSTERING/ LOBSTER TRAPS

Post by robc22 »

Does anybody on the forum rec. fish trap/pots for lobster/prawns???

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

I havent tried it but I am about to try shrimping with a push net when a good friend of mine shows me a secret location.
Cheers keith :D :D

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

please let me know how you do!!!! thanks, rob

codfather911

kd

Post by codfather911 »

lobstering is a no go you have to get a licence for that and tag your pots and take home certain size lobsters and only so many there very strict on it you get caught not do any of the rules and ur in for a big fine and trip to court i was going to do that till my grandad told me all about it as he has lobster pots out :( hope that helps you a little dont think it costs for the licence but aint sure :-S
codfather B-)

scottishcodhunter
Occasional
Occasional

Post by scottishcodhunter »

in my area you are allowed up to 4 pots as a leisure fisherman and can take home 1 lobester and 2 crabs without a licence so chek out your local rules - if I am fishing from the local pier I will drop down pot and collect it when finished and sometimes supper is of the fresh shellfish variety

wilky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by wilky »

I use crab/shrimp traps all the time in the river medway very good for getting fresh shrimps prawns and crab often get lots of small pout and fish for live baiting as well

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

very nice.....maybe you blokes can post pics of your catch

thanks

rob

osean
Occasional
Occasional

Post by osean »

I am not sure about the absolute rule regarding lobsters but it must be logged rigidly somewhere.
What I have been studying is Haaf netting, similar to the shrimp net but longer it is also now illegal to use them without licence with the last usage under licence on the Solway Firth, they carry the licence disc on the frame & limited to 150 permits per year. What is not very clear is the minimal size for the Haaf net, when does it become a shrimp net.
Good luck with your shrimping Keith

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

So far so good lads.....trying to get this img thing down......wish we could enter the pics as attachments directly!!!

[img][img]http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo19 ... STERS2.jpg[/img][/img]