Waterproof Trousers

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

stuartdv

Waterproof Trousers

Post by stuartdv »

What with winter fast approaching- does anyone have a recommendation for waterproof trousers- I did have some old bright yellow oilskin type trousers which were given to me but have disintegrated- and i can't find them anywhere on T'internet. Everything seems to be High viz stuff which doesnt seem to be as hard wearing as the old fishermen type oilskins. So any receommendation on where I might be able to get another pair (or something as suitable) would be welcome.

Cheers

Stuart

Mal-Nomates

Post by Mal-Nomates »

Is cost an issue Stuart?

There are many many options in terms of good quality winter waterproofs and none worth buying come in at less than 50 quid or there abouts!

You're right!I can't find oilskins on the interweb neither,stopping short of tapping 'rubber trousers' into google,I have kids you know!!

concrete

Post by concrete »

I've got a pair of IMAX salopettes- sixty something pounds well spent :D

concrete.

stuartdv

Post by stuartdv »

Thanks for the replies chaps. I too wasn't sure about doing a google search for rubber trousers but was disappointed at not finding oilskins.

To be honest cost isnt too much of an issue but I just wasnt sure which of the brands really offered definite waterproofing- I know the oilskins I had were great and withstood the rain wheras my goretex army surplus "waterproof"smock just didnt stand up to the downpour at the weekend and leaked quite badly- I was being a bit tight because I got the oilskin trousers off my old fella who liberated them from his work albeit with a big split in the bottom.

I've seen some ELKA bib and braces for thirty quid from a shop in Lowestoft- apparently they are standard issue for trawlermen so I might have a look - otherwise i'l check out the fishing websites and get something decent based on your recommendations.

Concrete- I prob wont make the comp on thursday- the missus has put her foot down and limited my fishing trips to once a week soI think I'm gonna go down to St Osyth again this Saturday for the morning tide to give it another go. Hopefully bump into you soon though.

Cheers

Stuart

concrete

Post by concrete »

No probs. It's going to be p*ss*ng with rain anyway.

concrete.

phildalt
Occasional
Occasional

Post by phildalt »

hi matey,

imax sell a waterproof rock trouser( i think thats what they call em) and the bib n brace.
i own the bib n brace and i must say they are great