Moderator: Admin

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

Tramps is just on your doorstep then. Andy1i

tonyh1

Post by tonyh1 »

hi andy as you sound a bit of an expert what bait /tactics would you fish as i said i am new to sea angling as i mainly fish a lake so boilies wont work here any help will do as i am going with my dad and would love to catch one at least as we are going to have a little bet between us

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

Ok hi,i generally use 2 rods 1 at distance with 2 hook clip down rig 1/0 hooks,then i have a close in set up around the groynes,watch the tide though,3 hook flapper with 1/0s or 1s hook and squid strips and maybe mackeral,you cant miss me i always wear camos,wellies and only have the one eye,and on a push bike.hope to fish nearby you soon. Andy1i

tonyh1

Post by tonyh1 »

andy
thanks for the advice if i win the challenge with my dad it will be cool he doesnt know i am trying to get a head start on him with all this info many thanks i wll let you know what the outcome is or even maybe we will meet i shall look out for you

stinky_wiem
Regular
Regular

Post by stinky_wiem »

I also use raw tiger prawn (with or without the shell) and bring in bass and reasonable sized codling.
I'm looking at going around that area tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens.

tonyh1

Post by tonyh1 »

good luck with the prawns i have never heard of using them but sounds tasty u spoil the fish dont you lol

stinky_wiem
Regular
Regular

Post by stinky_wiem »

I pay less for them than I do for lug !

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

Hey tony,have you tried the area yet,as we are all on baited breath waiting for your report lol. Andy1i

tonyh1

Post by tonyh1 »

hi andy i have 4 weeks to go dad will be there in 3 so he says there wont be any fish left by the time i get there as he will have caught them all have you been out recently ?

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

Hi tony,not had much luck lately,but all my reports go under "LT tramps alley/south peir/cefas" in the EAST forum,look forward to hooking with you and your dad. Andy1i