Absolute beginner to Sea Fishing

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

shopboy

Absolute beginner to Sea Fishing

Post by shopboy »

I am going down the West country shortly and fancy trying a bit of beach fishing. i have not sea fished for a lot of years. do i need a licence and can i fish anywhere i like. I know that I can enquire at the local tackle shop when I get there, but I intend to get my rod and reel before i go. Any info/tips would be welcome
Cheers
Chris

fyshermen1001

Post by fyshermen1001 »

hi shop boy

no u dont need a licence for sea fishin , u might need a permit to fish a pier or jetty not all are free ,
after u get ur rod and get there then nip into the local tackle shops to obtain info on permits and wheres fishing theres nothing like local info to help u out

tightlines........................daz

Mal-Nomates

Post by Mal-Nomates »

north or south coast?

shopboy

Post by shopboy »

south west coast(blue anchor/wachet in october, normally south coast -hastings/eastbourne

shooter2414

Post by shooter2414 »

Ive fished from Seaford thru to Paignton over the past few years, its a great place to learn and try out different tackle, I tend to use multi-lures for mackeral and bass also 6" storm floats with the bait at different depths. Theres always someone nearby willing to advise and never make you feel stupid. We all have start somewhere. Have a great time, tight lines.

shopboy

Post by shopboy »

thanks shooter