Shore Fishing v Boat Fishing Catches

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

Morvargh

Shore Fishing v Boat Fishing Catches

Post by Morvargh » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:57 pm

Total number of posts on shore fishing forums = 468. Total number of posts on boat fishing forums = 15. What does this tell us?

(Our esteamed leader mrix would wish for only witty and/or humorous posts only I'm sure!!)

Tight lines!!

Speciman

Post by Speciman » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:16 pm

What does it tell YOU!?? :lol:

witty answer expected! :wink:

medlar
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by medlar » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:17 am

:twisted: dont know what it tells us,i`m from Gateshead and thick :?
could it be that beach fishing is more popular?
are`nt i getting :idea:

rrjezuz

Post by rrjezuz » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:54 pm

:twisted: Perhaps after lugging all those Huge cod and Ling up onto the boat their arms are too tired to type! OR its the Booze! You choose :evil:

BOB

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:13 am

I thought the saying was if you want to go sea fishing you fished from the shore and if you wanted to actually catch fish you went fishing from a boat :lol: or something like that :lol: ....... so according to the numbers most dont want to catch fish just go fishing :lol:
Cheers
mrix
Last edited by mrix on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

medlar
Advanced User
Advanced User

shore

Post by medlar » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:45 am

Ah,mrix,it dont matter where you fish from,shore or boat,my mate went out in his boat on sunday and caught nothing after 4 hours at the same time a few mates caught decent codling up to 6lb from shore,
SEE IT DONT MATTER WHERE YOU FISH FROM<IF THEY ARE THERE YOU WILL CATCH<IF NOT YOU WONT

ski

having fun on boats

Post by ski » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:30 pm

New boat fishing season just starting .Also over winter down to wind on boats!!!.Should see more posts now , hopefully?Come to think of it also during summer!!!!!.any one from leeds going on the festivals in april from
whitby,happy to join up on the Jean k(01790 371071,)very good skipper,tries his nuts off!!,will move wreck to wreck not just one long drift all day long. unlike some so called good boats out of Whitby!!!

SKI.

steveo

Post by steveo » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:35 pm

hi everyone, new here like the forum,

Just bought a new 18ft boat and cant wait to get one some wrecks, the beauty of boat fishing is you can try so many areas in a small amount of time and you can also get to the areas where BIG fish hold up. With a GPS just go from wreck to wreck!!

Dont think i have really ever enjoyed catching from the beach as much as a boat

steve

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:08 am

Answer is quite simple folks: Number of folk who can afford a boat (minimum £3,000 for something decent) is limited. Plus most skippers charge at least £30 for a day - also expensive especially if you are a pensioner like me. Fortunately I now have an arrangement with a bloke who has a small boat and we go out regularly when weather is calm. ( not even pro skippers go out when it is more than force 5 - too dam uncomfortable and dangerous) I suggest that those with boats should be prepared to share with those who do not, that way your trip costs are reduced and folk like me get a good day out for say £10 vs the £30 which pro skippers charge. I am not deprecating pro skippers by the way, they go out further than small boats and most give a good service but blokes like me just cannot afford £30/£50 a day very often.

venpk09

Post by venpk09 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:30 am

i think boat fishing and shore fishing is quite different.
and these days most of the ppl i met that do boat fishing are those usually busy with work and if they manage to get some leave, they dun mind paying over the odds to go for a boat trip.

i myself start to do more boat fishing, be it light tackles or heavy big game, partly because of time constraits and when theres time to spare, i rather be reeling in the fishes rather den spending time on the shore waiting for fish to strike IMO. :D

bearskin
Occasional
Occasional

shore or boat

Post by bearskin » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:43 pm

i have try both shore coming out on top if you are having a bad day you just walk away on the boat you are stuck unless the people you are with want to return too :lol: