E.U QUOTAS

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

E.U QUOTAS

Post by andy1_i »

i read in the sun today that those morons in brussels want us sea/shore anglers to fill in catch forms,if thats the case i will make sure i blank.anybody else heard of this? Andy1i

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

yeah i read it too what nonsense

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

its un watchable/policable

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

did you read my CEFAS post?f""k i swore at them

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

if anyone came along and handed me a form i would tell them to take a running jump in to the same place as i got the fish or chuck the fish i had caught back in.

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

yeah i will fill forms in,and sign it as el blanco

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

Sounds a good idea andi

spratman

Post by spratman »

I think that we have to be careful with headlines like this. It does smack of the "Brussels Will Only Allow Straight Bananas" headline of a few years ago (which it turned out was utter rubbish). X(

I would think that a major difference between "us" and commercial fishermen is that our "by-catch", (i.e. the inedible fish, undersized fish, or species we weren't aiming to catch) are generally put back alive. Generally I throw back far, far, more than I take and personally have never dumped in several hundred kilos of dead fish like trawlers do. I wonder if the EU forms we'll be asked to complete will log this statistic for Brussells to chew over?

What a pity there aren't more fisheries protection vessels around to check that our European cousins trawlers all have the right grade nets when they're dredging our waters clear. And while they're at it take a quick peak at the Euro shore fishermen, to see what, if anything, gets thrown back on that side of the channel. Not much I'd hazard a guess.

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

Have you seen the amount of Spanish trawlers working the Bristol Channel at the moment. Peopleare finding it hard to catch a cod there in what should be good hunting grounds.....Colin

MJB

Post by MJB »

cookiemonster wrote:Have you seen the amount of Spanish trawlers working the Bristol Channel at the moment. Peopleare finding it hard to catch a cod there in what should be good hunting grounds.....Colin
Have you reported them? Unless they have British licences they shouldn't be there.

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

when i left the fishing industry is was cheaper to import our own fish,from the eu than it was to keep our own crews at work,and that included,welders,filleters,painters et al.watch out the licence is coming,i will for one march with any other anglers opposed to this half arsed ruling.its the one thing that keeps me sane. andy1i

steveseagull
Occasional
Occasional

Post by steveseagull »

I dont want to start pointing fingers but the FRENCH dont seem to give a hoot. I was in La Havre a couple of years ago to wath the Seagulls in a pre season friendly and we went to a recommended fish restaurant. I ordered the fresh caught sea bass and was amazed when i was dished up 2 at about 20cm each. My friend ordered dover sole and he too got 2 tiddlers.
They do have form for this kind of thing though. The wild bird population is only just recovering after years of 'if it moves shoot it'.
A national dish, Autolain (cant spell it) is a wren/ sparrow soaked in Armagnac of which you eat the whole lot with a towel over your head and plate to ingest all the fumes. This is now banned but you can still get it in the 'right' places.

totty

Post by totty »

foriegn fishing vessels don't count to our quotas,they can more or less bleed us dry,stop them and i'll fill in thier forms,i never catch owt,lol

bucks
Occasional
Occasional

Post by bucks »

catch reports and licences? as far as i am concerned i will tip them all gonads. when they set up 1 mile exclusion zones that apply to all commercials that fish with nets they wont get a penny or a form out of me. see my post east coast today that tells you everything you need to know about the state of our sport today. if it apllies to the crouch it will apply all over our coastline. they are even raping the west coast esturies of flounder for pot bait now. when will enough be enough. it dosent help that self publisists like mr yates supports the licence. what we need is a united front to make the policy makers take notice, we hold a lot of votes after all. but we will never get the sort of unity when we cant even keep our fishing areas tidy, if anglers cant be bothered to take a few wraps of newspaper home they are hardly going to get off thier butts to fight a cause. apothetic? you betcha!

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

i will for one join/set up an protest.and yes peeps clean up after yourselves,most venues have a council provided bin,take a spare carrier bag,sorry i digress.one million(est'd) marching on downing street!but we do have a voice,UKIP,or your local MEP. Andy