bait pumps

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

jimjam
Regular
Regular

bait pumps

Post by jimjam »

hi guys youve probably heard this many times before but can you pump soft/blow/red lug with a pump. because im thinking of getting one for xmas and any tips on washing them P.S 13 whiting last saturday :D

kojak

Post by kojak »

well worth getting ive been using one for ages and ive used it for near on everything, while fishing pump the bait up and straight on the hook cant get fresher ive also heard some people use it for sand eels.
so easy to use find a cast two inches away push in at an angle under cast and pump keep repeating a few times and hey presto nothing only joking i swear by them but this is my opinion and it saves me a few quid

bucko
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bucko »

Hello Jimjam, use it as Kojak says m8.
To clean it out afterwards, I use warm water and washing up liquid, then rinse it with just water.
To lubricate it I use vegetable oil, so that I dont leave detergent in the sand. well looked after it will pay for itself fairly quickly.
Some places will produce more worms to digging but others a pump is best.Basically a lot of casts close to each other are best dug but when far apart or scarse pumping will be less effort. :D

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Can't use the damb things give me a fork anytime. Cheers keith :D :D

jimjam
Regular
Regular

Post by jimjam »

thanks for the help lads very appreciated :D ill think il be gettin one