NEW TO THE SITE

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

waveneyone

NEW TO THE SITE

Post by waveneyone »

Hi there guys and especially the girls if there are any :)

New to the site and an occasional beach and boat angler. My main psort is coarse match fishing but I am very keen to catch a sole off the beach at Sizewell this year and will be putting in some time. I know the basics and have the gear but two trips a week ago resulted in half a dozen school bass, all returned, but no sole.

One of the things that I would like to get my hands on are some tip illuminators. I used star lights the other day but wondered if there was a more permanent arrangement and where to get hold of a couple.

Any tips on catching sole would be helpful as well. State of the tide, weather conditions and best bait. I used a normal beachcaster with the lightest breakaway lead, a running trace with a couple of droppers up from that. Size 4 and 6 hooks with ragworm cast about 40-50yards. I also played around with a carp rod with a 2 1/2 TC andI fished the same rig but a lot shorter with an old watch lead instead of the breakaway lead. Sometimes I just cast past the breakers into the dirty water ( the water was very clear). I fished 2 hours up to high water and an an hour down from about9 pm to midnight. Someone suggested that I left too early and should have fished until 2 or 3 am. As I picked up a speeding ticket :( on the way home I wished I had fished all night!

essexman
Regular
Regular

welcome

Post by essexman »

>:D< welcome mate

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

hello mate

welcome to the forums , you can get tip lights from most tackle shops , i whip the base of them on my rods with very thin mono about 10lb then electric tape over the line just to cover it , then they slide down the base with a on-off thingy at the back ( twist it left and right to turn on and off )

sole have started to show here on the south coast and at night is best with worm baits , short snood line but the area your on about i cant help you m8 sorry .
good luck
Gary

trooper
Regular
Regular

Post by trooper »

Welcome to the site waveneyone

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

welcome waveneyone,you from lowestoft area then? good tip for light is glow in the dark paint,just paint tip of rod in rings and charge it up,paint can be got from toy shop that sell model paint.good luck with the sole fishing

andy

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

A warm welcome to the forums mate. May you always fish in the wet stuff and your rod be forever bent. lol >:) >:)

thebigbassman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by thebigbassman »

welcome mate

Welchy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Welchy »

Welcome to the forum mate.

slipperyeel
Regular
Regular

Post by slipperyeel »

welcome to the forums.

Carl.

nw
Occasional
Occasional

Post by nw »

welcome to the forum

yoxford

Post by yoxford »

Welcome to the site.
I visit sizewell most days to take the dog for a walk.
I have used the Delta Original tip light for a while now.

You can get it from here http://www.monsterfishing.co.uk/acatalo ... shing.html

The link should be allowed as it is advertised under the fishing tackle links

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

No problem with the link my mate. good of you to reply with help and advise. keith :D :D :D

zziply

Post by zziply »

For sole you could try lug worm baits that are past their best - pin the bait to the sea bed on a long trace and wait and let the bight develop.

waveneyone

Post by waveneyone »

Thanks for your welcome lads and helpful tips. I shall keep an eye on the site and let you when I achieve my target.

The tackle shop suggested that I try putting a split shot on the line to keep the trace hard on the bottom. Only problem with that of course are the bane of the beach fishers life - the dreaded crabs. That is why I used a watch lead to allow the tackle to drift a little.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome and advice.

waveneyone

Post by waveneyone »

By the way I have just ordered my delta tip lights and one or two other bits and pieces from Monster Tackle.