the best way to hook a sandeel/ragworm

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

ejay

the best way to hook a sandeel/ragworm

Post by ejay »

hi all,
i just wondered i went fishing at sea for one of my first times
and i hooked ragworms and sandeels(i was given buy some fella) but every tme i casted theyd fall of can anyone advice me on the best way to hook em'
tightlines
cheers ejay ;)

simon2345
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by simon2345 »

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

sandeels through the mouth , out of the a*se then bait elastic it .
ragworms no need to bait elastic them just put the on the hook and thread up as far as you can, i remember one night at lepe i had about 30 rags left and i was gonna have my last cast and i put every single worm on the hook and up the snood line it looked bloody lovely if i was a fish but caught a baby hound on it .

imagine your holding the hook and put and rag on the point and pushed it up to the eye of the hook , next step is to hold the rags head and pull while your pushing the body up , once the mouth of the rag goes over the eye and knot then just thread it to the tiny tail bits hanging .
good luck
gary

simon2345
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by simon2345 »

Thats sounds lovely Gary lol ,was going to have my dinner now but dont think i will m8 :-S

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

awwwwww sorry mate enjoy your ragworms and chips ;) , hope your well Si speak soon .
gaz

ejay

Post by ejay »

thanks for that it gave me some great ideas

tightlines
ejay

essexkenny
Regular
Regular

sandeels

Post by essexkenny »

i always thought that the best way to hook a sandeel was to put the into its rear end and bring it out either through the mouth or just behind out of the underneath, because the majority of fish eat prey fish head first to avoid getting any spines or sharp gill covers stuck in their throats. Therefore the hook will be the right way round in the fish's mouth????? I might be wrong though :-/ --- :D

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

you might be right mate but i have always gone mouth to a@se but its good to bo different lol :D