How to remove hook from your hand

Pleas feel free to talk anything sea Angling related in this forum

Moderator: Admin

joliroger

Post by joliroger » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:19 am

I remember on one occasion when i was down in Penzance ,out on a boat fishing for Conger over the ship to shore came a report of an Angler trying and apparently achieving a DIY 'Prince Albert', a Heli was called out to carry him to the A+E :(( makes me squirm just to think about it !!!!!!!

JOLI

joliroger

Post by joliroger » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:22 am

WHAT THE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS ONLY TALKING ABOUT A DIY PRINCE ALBERT (REFER TO PREVIOUS POSTING)

JOLI

squidhead
Regular
Regular

Post by squidhead » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Touch wood, never had a hook stuck in hand or finger yet. and after seeing that video, i'd rather have injections for taking teeth out. than between fingers. I do what one earlier posting does, use cork tops from wine bottles.

colinthefish
Regular
Regular

Post by colinthefish » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Warning: Avoid the second link. I clicked on it and my Norton 2010 flagged the link as a known virus.

I'm sure this was not the intention of the post and Norton could be wrong, but I played safe. The first link was fine and very useful. A long time ago as a teenager, used the "push through and cut the barb off" method. The pain was terrible, the time it took to heal was ages and some 25 years later I still have the scar.

cameltastic

Post by cameltastic » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:18 am

this is never good :-S i have only had it in my thumb but no all the way through and my hands have been so cold to even feel it :D i got lucky. dam baitting up.. i was hoping the blood on the hook and bait would of got me a nice fish but it didnt :-(

thanks

craig

spike11

Post by spike11 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks for the link, bit late allready had 3 hoos in my fingers, learning how to tie a knot on them (newbie) Lol

Finglis

Post by Finglis » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:08 am

Hi And Ouch!

I just put a (NOT REAL CORK) wine bottle cork in my tackle bag, having proved I can do everything I need to with the point buried in the side of the cork (Not the end) Real cork is the thick bark of the cork Oak and is unpredictable being a natural structure, and can crumble if put under pressure. The Fake corks are much tougher and allow you to tie on and pull as hard as you like while the point is embedded in the middle of the cork leaving fingers and thums free to tie, snods, mainline knots easily and safely - it added two seconds to the task ! I'll keep my digits I think and stick a couple in my pocket for during a session Cheers to all.

As Aye!
Frank