How to Cook Triggerfish?

Please add any Sea Food recipes you may have here.
Fisher1

How to Cook Triggerfish?

Post by Fisher1 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:34 pm

Help !!

swanseajack22

Post by swanseajack22 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:21 pm

Caught a couple of 3lb+ triggers a few weeks back. The first larger one, I gutted, filleted, and pan fried with some salt, pepper, and garlic. It was ok. A great texture, but not particularly tasty. The other one we gutted whilst still on the pier, wrapped it in foil, and slapped it on the disposable BBQ we brought with us. The skin peeled off really easily, and the meat was beautiful. A very delicate flavour. Not fantastic, but definitely not unpleasant. A bloke fishing next to us reckoned that we should have left it overnight in fresh water because of bacteria it carries, or something like that, I can't quite remember. I'm not sure whether he was talking cobblers or not, but it's probably worth checking out just in case.

conga
Regular
Regular

trigger fish

Post by conga » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Tried cooking a black triggerfish on the BBQ years ago when on Ascension island-all I can say is YUK.Most of the other fish were quite nice to eat,perhaps the awful taste of the blackfish had something to do with its diet-it appears they will eat anything,including each other if one is wounded.Reminded me of a saltwater pirhana.