multiplier casting

Please feel free to ask any questions related to improving your casting here,Pendulum Casting, Off the ground Casting, Competitions Casting.
holdernessfisherman

multiplier casting

Post by holdernessfisherman » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:00 pm

hi there just wanted to no what the best way to cast with a multiplier is i usualy do and of the ground cast but canot get very far with my multiplier but can with my fixed spool

help me please cheers from will
:D

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:33 pm

Not easy is it! :lol: I've just progressed to off the ground from an overhead thump and it all seems to be in the timing. I don't profess to be any kind of expert but getting yourself set up right is a good start. Stand with your feet just over shoulder width apart looking down the surf line ( essentially 90 degrees to the direction of where you want to cast). Turn from the waist and lay your sinker at about three o clock(which will be behind you). There should be enough drop so that your rod tip lies at about one o clock. If you're right handed, left hand should be high and almost straight with the rod pointing downwards to the tip (say 45 degrees). Right hand will be forearm up, elbow bent. Then it's all down to a smooth and progressive release of power as you bring the rod round.

The rest is just practice as I'm finding out. It really does help if you can find someone that knows what they're doing to watch you so that they can tell you where you're going wrong.

One day, I might make a decent distance consistently! :lol: :lol:

holdernessfisherman

Post by holdernessfisherman » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:49 pm

nice one m8 cheers for your advise i will try it out next time im on the beach

cheers from will :D