Greetings

Please feel free to introduce yourself here if you want to.
Mogthemackem

Greetings

Post by Mogthemackem » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:42 pm

Thought I would introduce myself. I live in South Shields and often fish at Roker in Sunderland. I have been using this site for ages but have not yet joined the forum. I was wondering if anyone had any good spots to fish from in the North East as I usually have quite a good night's fishing from Roker but only seem to ever catch Whities, flaties and coalies. I am still yet to catch a cod this winter although there has been a few caught. There doesn't seem to be many from the North East on this site yet but there are very good tips and spots going around other areas. Maybe this is because there isn't a North-East link??? Hope to hear some good news. Also my nickname is mogthemackem as there already seems to be someone using my name (Mog). Is there an imposter in the house?

Mog

Mal-Nomates

Post by Mal-Nomates » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:45 pm

Hello Mog and welcome to the site m8.You can post your enquiry about your area in the 'sea fishing east coast' section of the forums (or the north section i guess) and you should get some helpful replies soon.As mrix has upgraded the site,a lot of our regulars need to re-register in the site and get back to where we left off.Post your enquiry and give it a little while to be responded to.Hopefully our members will be reading these posts and register with the site again.In the meantime,if you have any suggestions and ideas about the site then feel free to discuss them in the relevant forums.Good luck with the fishing and keep the site posted with your fishing reports and photo's.Ta muchly fella....Mal. 8)

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:34 pm

Hello Mog and welcome to the forums I am glad you found the site of use and many thanks for now regestering we need all the members possible at the moment, before the upgrade we had 500+ members, things are looking promising though with 20 members re-regestering again in just a feww days. as Mal said its best to use the Relevant forums for your area as it will become a usefull resource for the area etc.
Thanks for you support
mrix
I have just re-added the Indroduce your self forum so I`ll move this topic there now.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:00 pm

Mog back again. Went fishing at my regular spot again on Friday night about 2 1/2 hours before and after high tide. Suprisingly I got more whities and coalies. I used squid, lug, rag and muscle in every combination possible and still no cod. The night was quite calm though and at least I did do quite well numerically. Someone did catch the cod I wanted and I would have swapped my whole night's catch for the one cod. It seems the whities and coalies know I am not going to keep them so they just pass word around and feast on my bait cocktails.

Thanks for your welcomes Mal and Mrix and I promise I will end up in your members catch pictures by the end of the winter.

medlar
Advanced User
Advanced User

COD in the north east

Post by medlar » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:47 am

Anonymous wrote:Mog back again. Went fishing at my regular spot again on Friday night about 2 1/2 hours before and after high tide. Suprisingly I got more whities and coalies. I used squid, lug, rag and muscle in every combination possible and still no cod. The night was quite calm though and at least I did do quite well numerically. Someone did catch the cod I wanted and I would have swapped my whole night's catch for the one cod. It seems the whities and coalies know I am not going to keep them so they just pass word around and feast on my bait cocktails.

Thanks for your welcomes Mal and Mrix and I promise I will end up in your members catch
pictures by the end of the winter.
HI MOG,I live in Gateshead,i`ve fished roker for a while now and although there have been a few decent codling caught i havent caught one myself.If you want COD and have transport,try going to CRASTER or LYNNMOUTH.Fished these places loads of times and never came back empty handed,but i must say CRASTER,off the rocks produces some lovely red codling Average size4lb 6oz.hope this helps